Documents and Forms
- Office of Indian Affairs Native American Commission, State of Louisiana
- Native American Agriculture Fund
The Natchitoches Tribe of Louisiana was recognized by the State of Louisiana in 2017 during Regular Session, HR227. Here are some additional materials about our history and culture:
- The Story of our Seal (PDF)
- History of the Natchitoches Tribe of Louisiana, compiled by Chief Fred D. Simon (PDF)
- Swanton, John Reed. 1942. “Source material on the history and ethnology of the Caddo Indians.” Bureau of American Ethnology Bulletin. 132:1–332.
- Barr, Juliana: “From Captives to Slaves: Commodifying Indian Women in the Borderlands.” The Journal of American History Vol. 92, No. 1 (Jun., 2005), pp. 19-46.
You must be logged in to post a comment.